Ageas is an international group with a Belgian parent company to which the Belgian Code on Corporate Governance applies. We believe that a strong culture of corporate governance and ethical behaviour is fundamental to the way we do business.
The Ageas Board has produced this Ageas Governance Charter as a comprehensive and basic reference on Ageas governance.
It deals with the following topics:
- Part I: Ageas Vision and Mission Statement
- Part II: Structure and Organisation of Ageas
- Part III: Ageas Shares and Shareholders
- Part IV: The Ageas Board - Terms of reference
- Part V: The Ageas Board Committees - Standing Rules and Terms of reference
- Part VI: Ageas Executive Management
- Part VII: Ageas Supervision
The Charter also includes, as Appendices, key Ageas policies such as the Principles of Business Conduct, the Ageas Policy on Private Investments, the Policy on the Independence of External Audit Firms and the policy governing Ageas as an institutional investor.
The Charter will be supplemented with factual disclosures on Ageas governance in the Annual Report, and with other official disclosures on Ageas governance made from time to time.