Ageas is a listed international insurance Group with a heritage spanning almost 200 years. It offers Retail and Business customers Life and Non-Life insurance products designed to suit their specific needs, today and tomorrow.
As one of Europe's larger insurance companies, Ageas concentrates its activities in Europe and Asia, which together make up the major part of the global insurance market. It operates successful insurance businesses in Belgium, the UK, France, Portugal, Turkey, China, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore and the Philippines through a combination of wholly owned subsidiaries and long term partnerships with strong financial institutions and key distributors.
Ageas ranks among the market leaders in the countries in which it operates. It represents a staff force of about 45,000 people and reported annual inflows close to EUR 36 billion in 2020 (figures at 100% share).
For the Accounting Department, based in Brussels, we are in search of an Accounts Payable Officer.
You will be part of a dynamic team which is working on general and reinsurance accounting. We are looking for a communicative, enthusiastic fast learner with good analytical skills.
We will provide the necessary training and you will assist in improving the procurement and accounts payable processes and in the implementation of a new accounting tool, which will offer you a great development opportunity.
You will have regular interactions and collaborate with various other internal departments in the Corporate Center as well as with the different budget owners.
The main responsibilities of this function are:
- You process all incoming invoices in the accounting system and ensure the appropriate approval process was followed.
You ensure proper reconciliation of payments with the outstanding supplier balances.
- You prepare and initiate all payments for all incoming invoices.
You follow-up the approval flows to ensure timely payments of the invoices.
- You report on the status of the invoices (approval status, payment status…).
You follow-up all questions and requests relating to the invoice process coming from suppliers and purchasers.
- You initiate manual payments in Isabel (to reinsurance brokers or ad hoc).
Expense note processing
- You ensure the expense notes are correctly processed in the expense note tool (Rydoo).
You keep the expense note tool up to date.
- You process the expense note costs in the accounting system.
You prepare and initiate all payments for all expense notes.
Cost reporting & Multiy Year Budget
- You assist the GA controller in preparing the monthly cost report to the relevant budget owners.
You support the GA controller in the annual multi-year budget exercise and quarterly forecast exercise.
- You continue to improve the payment process.
You give advice about procedures, processes and internal control measures.
- You assist in the implementation of procurement and accounts payable in a new accounting tool.
You play a proactive role in changing and maintaining the used financial programs.
- You have a first relevant experience in accounting.
Experience with procurement systems and electronic invoicing treatment is a plus.
- You are hands-on, detail-oriented, and able to work on an independent basis.
You have a positive mindset and a strong eagerness to learn.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills.
You are fluent in English and in French or Dutch.
Ageas values your talent and knows how to reward it. We offer you an attractive salary and fringe benefits. You will work in a stimulating international environment, with numerous opportunities for personal development. You will work independently within a dynamic team. We offer you a hybrid smart working environment
Please apply online. We are looking forward to talking to you!