Ageas is a listed international insurance group with a heritage spanning 190 years. It offers retail and business customers life and non-life insurance products designed to suit their specific needs, today and tomorrow. As one of Europe's larger insurance companies, Ageas concentrates its activities in Europe and Asia, which together make up the major part of the global insurance market. It operates successful insurance businesses in Belgium (AG Insurance, AG Real Estate), the UK (Ageas UK), France (Ageas France), Portugal (Médis, Ageas Seguros), Turkey (AgeSa, Aksigorta), China, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore, and the Philippines through a combination of wholly-owned subsidiaries and long-term partnerships with strong financial institutions and key distributors. The group employs 40,000 employees worldwide.
The main purpose of the MD Europe Business coordination team is: To increase the performance of the existing European Operating companies (BE, PT, UK, FR, TR) of the Ageas organization thanks to a deep understanding of all key aspects of the business and a detailed knowledge of the market where they operate and by leveraging Ageas’ experience and best practices. As such, they work as a trusted partner of the operating companies and as the linking between them and the broader Ageas organisation. Currently the team is organized in geographical responsibilities. To complement their current capabilities and to increase their ability to work on cross-border topics, they would like to hire a colleague with experience in the insurance sector and certain domain specific knowledge. This can be in the domains of product development, sales & distribution or claims management.
- You build knowledge on the current performance of the operating companies, understand their strategy, develop a good view of the opportunities and challenges and gain a deep knowledge of the market in which the company is operating.
- You support the local entity in its development by identifying areas of best practices and knowledge transfer and stimulate these, in collaboration with Group Business Development. You will also participate in ad-hoc projects (product introductions, M&A,…).
- You analyse, and benchmark where possible, the broad performance of the operating company, beyond the financial metrics, and share and discuss your views with the Managing Director Europe and the Management of the operating company.
- You represent the local operating company within the Ageas Group and act as coordinator of the operating company within Group Committees (CDO, Financial reviews, Strategic reviews,…).
- You have a Master degree and 5 to 7 years of relevant working experience.
- Strong knowledge of the value chain of an insurance company (Life or Non-life insurance).
- Understand the financial accounting and reporting of an insurance company.
- Specific experience in product development, claims/operation or sales & distribution channel management.
- You are able to work with teams with different backgrounds in a multi-cultural context.
- Able to cope with varying levels of workload with peak moments (no routine).
- You have strong analytical skills but are also capable of synthesizing (helicopter view). • You are curious by nature and open to different points of view.
- Good presentation skills and able to explain complex problems in a simple manner.
- Active knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Portuguese, French, Dutch or Turkish is a plus.
- A dynamic, multicultural working environment;
- An interesting and extensive salary package (including meal vouchers, eco vouchers, hospitalization, disability and group Insurance, additional child benefit, mobile allowance and intervention in the internet reimbursement, ...);
- The possibility to optimize part of your salary package through a flexible income plan; • A corporate culture where you are encouraged to share your views and opinions;
- A flat organizational structure with close collaboration and communication with management and cross departments;
- An extensive range of learning & development opportunities through our online learning platform;
- The opportunity to further develop yourself and to be part of a great team at a Top employer in Belgium.
Please apply online. We are looking forward to talking to you!