Ageas is a listed international insurance Group with a heritage spanning 190 years. It offers Retail and Business customers Life and Non-Life insurance products designed to suit their specific needs, today and tomorrow. As one of Europe's larger insurance companies, Ageas concentrates its activities in Europe and Asia, which together make up the major part of the global insurance market. It operates successful insurance businesses in Belgium, the UK, France, Portugal, Turkey, China, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore, and the Philippines through a combination of wholly owned subsidiaries and long term partnerships with strong financial institutions and key distributors.
Ageas Group Risk is based in Brussels and is composed of risk officers (M/F) with a variety of technical expertise and background. Business Risk Management is the linking actor between the Operational Companies and Group Risk for quantitative risk reports and business risk analysis. Within the department Business Risk Management (BRM), Group risk is looking for a Business Risk Manager combining knowledge of the local business with strong quantitative risk background & reporting skills able to convert numbers into management information.
You will be the linking pin between group risk management and the local companies leveraging on the local risk teams:
- Knowledge on the local business
- You understand the functioning of local businesses and foster good contacts with the decentralised risk teams;
- You have a good view of the strengths and weaknesses of the local businesses;
- You have a deep knowledge of the market in which the local entity is operating.
- Participate in local risk committees
- You participate in local business risk committees allowing to bring the group perspective and capturing the main attention points from local company to the group;
- Thanks to your contact with multiple local businesses, you can create links between the local risk department allowing local businesses to benefit from the best practices within the group.
- Promote (quantitative) risk reporting from local company to Ageas Group
- You enhance local expertise on quantitative risk reporting on multiple frameworks: Solvency II, Free Capital Generation, Risk Appetite…;
- You coordinate interaction with local companies allowing smooth collection of risk information;
- You challenge & coordinate validation of risk results leveraging on the expertise of the Group Risk Model Managers;
- You represent local businesses at group thanks to your ability to distil main messages from numbers reported by local businesses allowing transparent communication to group risk management.
- BRM group role
- Based on your expertise, you will be responsible for part of the group function of BRM (e.g. representing the BRM team in one or multiple of the group risk committees, M&A, group projects ... )
- You are an actuary or have a master degree in Finance or Business administration combined with additional risk/actuarial related trainings;
- You have more than 7 years of relevant working experience working in the insurance industry, preferably some years in the domain of quantitative risk management;
- You master all technical/quantitative aspects of Solvency II. Knowledge of Insurance Accounting and Reporting as well as other Valuation & Regulation (IFRS17, IAIS International Capital Standards …) represents certainly an added value;
- Excellent analytical mind-set combined with verbal and written communication skills allowing to present complex materials in a structured and comprehensive way;
- Cultural awareness and an ability to work in a team of people with diverse backgrounds, team player building relations with all stakeholders;
- Active (written and oral) knowledge of English. Knowledge of Portuguese, French or Dutch is a plus.
Ageas values your talent and knows how to reward it. We offer you an attractive salary and fringe benefits. You will work in a stimulating international environment, with numerous opportunities for personal development. You will work independently within a dynamic team.