Ageas is a listed international insurance Group with a heritage spanning close to 200 years. We offer Retail and Business customers Life and Non-Life insurance products, and we are also engaged in reinsurance activities.
Our customers are at the heart of our business, and our products and services are designed to anticipate, manage, and cover their risks through a wide range of solutions designed for their needs, both today and in the future.
We are one of Europe's larger insurance companies and we are also well represented in Asia. In total, Ageas is on the ground in 13 countries (Belgium, the UK, Portugal, Turkey, China, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore, and the Philippines) through a combination of wholly owned subsidiaries and long-term partnerships with strong financial institutions and key distributors.
Ageas ranks among the market leaders in the countries in which it operates. Every day, more than 44,000 skilled and committed employees are at the service of nearly 45 million customers. Our Group has at its foundation a set of core values - Care, Dare, Deliver, and Share – representing who we are and how we work. As a “Supporter of your life” we seek to create social and economic value for our customers, employees, partners, investors, and society at large.
Ageas has been re-certified as Top Employer in 2024.
The Data Management team strives to help the Corporate Centre get value from data through effective and efficient data management and governance. To achieve this objective, we are focusing on two core pillars: Data Architecture and Data Governance. We are therefore implementing a modern cloud-based data platform acting as the trusted and secure source of data for the Corporate Centre’s reporting and analytics needs. To strengthen the team, we are looking for a Data Analyst & Modeller, who will be responsible for the implementation of new Data Platform use cases (and support existing ones).
Your main responsibilities are:
- Lead discussions with business stakeholders to identify new use cases and shape the requirements to ensure desired business outcomes can be achieved in an efficient and sustainable way
- Develop a sound understanding of the target business domains
- Perform functional analysis (including identification, analysis and data profiling of the data sources, definition of business rules and transformations, definition of quality criteria, source-to-target mapping)
- Develop and maintain up-to-date documentation
- Prepare and execute test plans; supports the Ageas BI Centre and business users during UAT
- Analyse incidents and contribute to their resolution
- Understand and translate business needs into conceptual and logical data models according to company standards and guidelines (Data Vault and dimensional modelling), considering the required flexibility to cope with evolving needs
- Ensure consistency across data models, foster integration and reuse across departments, and ultimately avoid unnecessary data redundancies
- Propose improvements to the company’s data modelling approach (methodologies, standards, guidelines)
- Propose improvements to the company’s implemented data models and feeding pipelines to fight entropy and align with future needs
- Create data dictionaries and populate business glossary
- Work with AG IT (= IT supplier) for the creation of physical data models and data pipelines
- Lead discussions with Corporate Centre and AG IT architects to improve and extend the overall data platform architecture and infrastructure
- Lead discussions with architects and business stakeholders to improve and rationalise the Corporate Centre’s overall data architecture and infrastructure
- Data modelling: Data Vault (Linstedt) and dimensional (Kimball); Data Vault certification (Certified Data Vault 2.0 Practitioner) expected
- Business, functional, and data analysis (incl. querying in SQL)
- Microsoft Azure
- Personal skills
- Drive, ownership, and proactivity
- High quality standards
- Collaborative mindset (within team and beyond)
- English: Fluent
- The possibility of (maximum 50%) home working;
- A dynamic, multicultural working environment;
- An interesting and extensive salary package (including meal vouchers, eco vouchers, hospitalization, disability and group insurance, additional child benefit, mobile allowance and intervention in the internet reimbursement, ...);
- The possibility to optimise part of your salary package through a flexible income plan;
- A corporate culture where you are encouraged to share your views and opinions;
- A flat organizational structure with close collaboration and communication with management and cross departments;
- An extensive range of learning & development opportunities through our online learning platform;
The opportunity to further develop yourself and to be part of a great team at a Top employer in Belgium. Find out more about it here.
Please apply online. We are looking forward to talking to you!