Ageas is a listed international insurance Group with a heritage spanning 190 years. It offers Retail and Business customers Life and Non-Life insurance products designed to suit their specific needs, today and tomorrow.
As one of Europe's larger insurance companies, Ageas concentrates its activities in Europe and Asia, which together make up the major part of the global insurance market. It operates successful insurance businesses in Belgium, the UK, Luxembourg, France, Portugal, Turkey, China, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore, and the Philippines through a combination of wholly owned subsidiaries and long term partnerships with strong financial institutions and key distributors.
For the Business Coördination department in Brussels we are looking for a Group Business Coördinator Europe.
You act as a linking pin between the local entities and Group:
- You understand the functioning/positioning/performance of the local entity;
- You have a good view of the opportunities and challenges of the local entity;
- You have a deep knowledge of the market in which the local entity is operating.
You support the local entity in its development:
- You are a member of periodic (monthly) coordination committees between the local entity and Group;
- You overview the key strategic development themes of the local entity (be part of yearly budget cycle);
- You identify areas of best practices and knowledge transfer and stimulate these in collaboration with Business Development;
- You participate to ad-hoc projects (expertise, M&A,…).
You represent the local entity within the Group:
- You act as coordinator of the local entity within Group Committees (CDO, Financial reviews, Strategic reviews,…);
- You inform Ageas Management and Board members of the local entity on performance/challenges of the local entity;
- You have a master degree and 7 to 10 years of relevant working experience;
- You have a deep knowledge of the international insurance business and markets financials of insurance entities and the key drivers driving profitability;
- You have a strong knowledge of the value chain of an insurance company (life and non-life) and a sound understanding of strategy concepts;
- You have project management skills, experience in leading a (project) team and are familiar with innovation processes;
- You are a conceptual thinker with the capability to structure complex problems;
- You are able to explain complex problems in a simple manner;
- You are able to work with people with different backgrounds in a multi-cultural context;
- You have strong analytical, synthesizing (helicopter view) and presentation skills, and are able to explain complex problems in a simple manner;
- Active knowledge of English is a must, knowledge of Portuguese, French or Dutch is a plus.
Ageas values your talent and knows how to reward it. We offer you an attractive salary and fringe benefits. You will work in a stimulating international environment, with numerous opportunities for personal development. You will work independently within a dynamic team.
Please apply online