Resolutions of the General Meetings of Shareholders of ageas SA/NV on 15 May 2019
The Ordinary and Extraordinary General Meetings of Shareholders of ageas SA/NV approved all the proposals submitted to them by the Board of Directors.
The percentage of the share capital represented was 38.14%.
The General Meetings of Shareholders approved all agenda items:
- the company’s statutory annual accounts for the financial year 2018;
- payment of a gross cash dividend of EUR 2.20 per Ageas share1;
- discharge of the members of the Board of Directors and the Statutory Auditors KPMG Bedrijfsrevisoren BV o.v.v. CVBA (KPMG) for the first quarter of 2018 and PWC Bedrijfsrevisoren/PwC Reviseurs d’Entreprises for the remaining quarters of financial year 2018;
- the remuneration report;
- appointment of Mr Emmanuel Van Grimbergen as executive member of the Board of Directors for a term of four years ending upon adjournment of the 2023 Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders;
- reappointment of Messrs Jozef De Mey, Jan Zegering Hadders and Lionel Perl as independent2 non-executive members of the company’s Board of Directors for a term of two years ending upon adjournment of the 2021 Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders;
- reappointment of Mr Guy de Selliers de Moranville as non-executive member of the company’s Board of Directors for a term of four years ending upon adjournment of the 2023 Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders;
- reappointment of Messrs Filip Coremans and Christophe Boizard as executive members of the company’s Board of Directors for a term of four years ending upon adjournment of the 2023 Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders;
- cancellation of 4,647,872 own shares bought back in 2018;
- authorisation of the Board of Directors, for a period of three years, to increase the company’s capital, in one or more transactions, by a maximum amount of EUR 148,000,000;
- increase in the number of members of the Board of Directors to a maximum of fifteen;
- authorisation of the Board of Directors to acquire ageas SA/NV shares, subject to the number of shares that can be acquired not representing more than 10% of the issued share capital.
Ageas is a listed international insurance Group with nearly 200 years of expertise and experience. It offers Retail and Business customers Life and Non-Life products that meet their specific needs, not just for today but also for tomorrow. Ageas, one of the largest insurance companies in Europe, is mainly active in Europe and Asia, which together make up the majority of the global insurance market. Through a combination of wholly owned subsidiaries and long term partnerships with strong financial institutions and key distributors, Ageas operates successful insurance businesses in Belgium, the UK, France, Portugal, Turkey, China, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore and the Philippines. In most of the countries where it operates, Ageas is among the market leaders. Ageas has more than 45,000 employees, and premium income amounted to more than €34 billion (all figures at 100%) in 2018.
1 Dividend: The meeting approved a gross cash dividend of EUR 2.20 per Ageas share for the financial year 2018. The timetable is as follows: 27 May 2019: ex-dividend date; 29 May 2019: payment date (coupon no. 8). More information about the fiscal treatment of the dividend can be found at http://www.ageas.com/investors/dividend.2 As defined in Appendix 3 to the Ageas Corporate Governance Charter and the new Corporate Governance Code which will soon be published.