Ageas is a listed international insurance Group with a heritage spanning close to 200 years. We offer Retail and Business customers Life and Non-Life insurance products, and we are also engaged in reinsurance activities.
Our customers are at the heart of our business, and our products and services are designed to anticipate, manage, and cover their risks through a wide range of solutions designed for their needs, both today and in the future.
We are one of Europe's larger insurance companies and we are also well represented in Asia. In total, Ageas is on the ground in 13 countries (Belgium, the UK, Portugal, Turkey, China, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore, and the Philippines) through a combination of wholly owned subsidiaries and long-term partnerships with strong financial institutions and key distributors.
Ageas ranks among the market leaders in the countries in which it operates. Every day, more than 44,000 skilled and committed employees are at the service of nearly 47 million customers. Our Group has at its foundation a set of core values - Care, Dare, Deliver, and Share – representing who we are and how we work. As a “Supporter of your life” we seek to create social and economic value for our customers, employees, partners, investors, and society at large.
Ageas has been re-certified as Top Employer in 2023.
The current department Corporate Development and Sustainability Office is in charge of coordinating and leading the implementation of CSRD/ESRS (Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive / European Sustainability Reporting Standards) for Ageas group. This is a project that will be run for the full year 2024. From 1 Jan 2025 the project will move to Group Finance.
During 2024 the objective of the function is to ensure that Ageas is compliant with CSRD in the Annual Report of 2024. This role will report to the program director CSRD, who outlines the project plan for the coming 12 months and beyond. This project team is engaging with the consolidated entities in the UK, Belgium, Portugal, and India to ensure that the necessary reporting requirements are up streamed to the group via dedicate workstreams leads for their area of expertise (Environment,- Social and Governance).
The responsibilities of the ESG Project Coordinator include among others during the first 12 months – project modus
- Follow up closely the implementation plan per workstream, define short term actions and deliverables with your manager and workstream lead
- This entails amongst other the implementation of quantitative KPI’s in Ageas tooling, including internal controls for data capturing for audit purposes.
- Review if Ageas policies capture the relevant CSRD requirements to be compliant: develop policy check list
- And finally monitor that other qualitative disclosures (narratives) are in place for the relevant ESRS, to be reported in the Annual Report.
Your responsibilities when moving to the new finance department – as of begin 2025:
- Closely monitor and follow up on reported non-financial metrics from opco’s.
- Provide consolidated report on non-financial KPI’s and provide support for the writing of the Annual Report.
- Coordinate the drafting of the narratives supporting the non-financial metrics.
- Relevant qualifications: Master degree in finance or economics, accounting, Business law.
- Overall minimum 5 years of experience in Insurance or project management, with a minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in financial reporting. A candidate with great interest for sustainability matters is a plus.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Language: English is a must. Dutch and French are a plus.
- Teamwork and flexible to adapt to a changing environment.
- Have a good feel for how to go along with stakeholder management.
- The possibility of (maximum 50%) home working;
- A dynamic, multicultural working environment;
- An interesting and extensive salary package (including meal vouchers, eco vouchers, hospitalization, disability and group insurance, additional child benefit, mobile allowance and intervention in the internet reimbursement, ...);
- The possibility to optimize part of your salary package through a flexible income plan;
- A corporate culture where you are encouraged to share your views and opinions;
- A flat organizational structure with close collaboration and communication with management and cross departments;
- An extensive range of learning & development opportunities through our online learning platform;
- The opportunity to further develop yourself and to be part of a great team at a Top employer in Belgium.
Please apply online. We look forward to talk to you!