The Ordinary and Extraordinary General Meetings of Shareholders of ageas SA/NV have approved the proposals submitted to it by the Board of Directors.
38.27% of the share capital was represented.
The General Meetings of Shareholders have approved all agenda items:
- the company's statutory annual accounts for the financial year 2017;
- the payment of a gross cash dividend of EUR 2.10 per Ageas share;
- the discharge of the members of the Board of Directors and the Statutory Auditor KPMG Réviseurs d'Entreprises/Bedrijfsrevisoren for the financial year 2017;
- the remuneration report;
- the remuneration of the Chairman and of the non-executive members of the Board of Directors;
- the appointment of Mrs. Sonali Chandmal as an independent non-executive member of the Board of Directors for a period of 4 years, until the close of the Ordinary General Meeting of Shareholders in 2022;
- the appointment of PWC Bedrijfsrevisoren/PwC Reviseurs d'entreprises as Statutory Auditor for a period of 3 years, starting from the second quarter of 2018;
- the amendment to article 4 of the Articles of Association by inserting a new paragraph, referring to the organisation and operation of reinsurance activities;
- the cancellation of 6,377,750 own shares bought back in 2017;
- the authorisation of the Board of Directors to increase the company capital, in one or more transactions, by a maximum amount of EUR 148,000,000;
- the authorisation of the Board of Directors to acquire ageas SA/NV shares, with the maximum number of shares which can be acquired not representing more than 10% of the issued share capital.
 Dividend: the meeting approved a gross cash dividend of EUR 2.10 per Ageas share for the financial year 2017. The timetable is as follows: 28 May 2018: ex-dividend date; 30 May 2018: payment date (coupon no.6). More information about the fiscal treatment of the dividend can be found on http://www.ageas.com/en/investors/dividend.